Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Xiahe Labrang Monastery - Part 3

Here is another round of photos from the Labrang Monastery in Xiahe:


Wonderful blue skies


Prayer flags and rolling hills




A lot of Labrang smelled like a campfire. There was a good amount of wood being burned around many of the temples.


Golden roofs


This was at the entrance of a living community

I still have a few more posts to make on my visit to Labrang. Although I already have made a few posts about the place, I feel as though the narrative is lacking a bit on my visit to Xiahe. The problem is that I don't really feel comfortable saying a whole lot about the place right now. I just had a blog shut down two months ago and don't want to have another one follow that same fate.

My friend Andy and I did nothing wrong, questionable, or illegal in Xiahe, yet I still don't really want to get into much of a narrative description about the place right now though. Some day in the future I'll talk more about my experience at the place.

But for the time being, I'm just going to let my photos do the talking.

No comments: