Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Xiahe Labrang Monastery - Part 2

The Labrang Monastery is a center of Gelug, or the "Yellow Hat Sect" of Buddhism.

I knew there'd be monks in and around Xiahe, but I was surprised by the sheer number of them that you saw both within the perimeter of the monastery as well as the streets outside of the monastery in Xiahe.

Here are some of the better photos and videos I have of the, largely Tibetan, monks at Xiahe's Labrang Monastery:











And then some monks singing on as the noon hour approached:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is so sick, I need to visit, surely I can make it work some how. Love the photos, the yellow hat monks, so cool, you should have traded up for one of the hats. That or said its for the don and surely they would have just handed it over to you.