Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Photos of the Week - Doodles

Bear with me here.

These doodles don't have anything to do with China. They're just random drawings I've done over the past year or so.

I've always enjoyed drawing. When I was in high school, I turned a corner a bit in the development and complexity of what I was doing. My drawing became markedly more abstract.

Towards the end of high school I drew several really intricate pieces. In more recent years, I've hardly done anything at all.

These drawings, mostly done during down time of observations that I do at my school (notice the random comments I have on their classes on the sides), are the first drawings I've done in years. I like a couple of them a lot.


This is the most "advanced" one I've done in a long time. It took me several hours of the course of a day.











3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm..... DNA samples from Picasso and Dr Seuss are used to clone the artist we see here today.

andy said...

Weirdly enough, I like the notes intermingled into the whole thing. Keep doodlin'.

Mark Carver said...

Pretty pimpin' dude. Art was my life back in the US too but since coming to China, my inspiration reservoirs have all but dried up. Every once in a while I get the urge but it's hard when I'm not around artist-types. I had a friend in college whose work greatly resembled yours, incidentally.