Yeah, I'm feeling pretty bullish about Obama's map.
With these expectations, I'm possibly setting myself up for a huge disappointment. That being said, I just don't see much going McCain's direction come Tuesday.
A few things of note on my map:
- Georgia, which has its former senator Bill Barr running as the Libertarian Party candidate, will be Obama's. Barr combined with record black turnout will seal the deal for Georgia's 15 electoral votes.
- The tried and true red state of Montana, which is becoming a much lighter shade of red with a progressive governor and senator in Brian Schweitzer and John Tester, will go blue.
- The former red states: North Carolina, North Dakota, Virginia, Iowa, Colorado, New Mexico, and Nevada are also going to Obama.
- Missouri and its difficult polling environment will stay red. This will be only the second time in over 100 years that Missouri has not voted with the winning president.
- Obama will win Pennsylvania, McCain's last of many Hail Marys (see Palin, suspending his campaign, etc.), by over 10 points.
- The "ground games" and enthusiastic voters of Florida and Ohio will give Obama 3 to 5 point victories in each state.
- McCain will win his home state of Arizona by less than 3 points.
Think I'm an idiot? Show me how and why. Make your own map here and post it in the comments section.