Sunday, June 28, 2009

Three Nights in Beijing

Qian and I took a night train to Beijing last night. I woke up a bunch of times on the way, but overall slept pretty well.

We're going into town to do some touristy stuff in a few minutes - Tiananmen, maybe Temple of Heaven. Jackie and a friend of hers are going shopping tomorrow while I chill with friends. We're going to the Great Wall on Wednesday. Our train back to Xi'an is leaving Thursday evening. I hope that at some point we can make it out to see the Bird's Nest and Water Cube, things I haven't seen in my previous three trips to Beijing.

I'll post more later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy, I am very jealous. I could spend days at the Forbidden City. I don't know if you can access Peking Duck, but he wrote yesterday about cross-bridge noodles from Jiang Brothers resteraunt which is also in Beijing. Sounded delicious. Might want to check it out if you haven't already and if you happen to run into a Jiang Bros.

Anonymous said...

Hello, Mark --

I'm excited that you and Qian are touring Beijing!! Couldn't resist the opportunity to suggest, if time allows, to tour a hutong in a rickshaw. :) I still smile when I think back on how much fun -- and also very interesting -- it was! I plan to wear my 2008 Beijing Olympic t-shirt to the V-car Fourth of July celebration. I picked the shirt up at the Summer Palace. Wow -- what a great trip to China we all experienced. I'll be thinking of you both and anxious to read about all your experiences in Beijing.

xo
Ma